Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Title: It Ends With Us
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: 2nd August 2016
Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK
Source: Booktopia
Reviewed: Sapphired Dragon
Rating: *****

 My Review:

In the last couple of years Colleen Hoover has become something of an autobuy author for me as I I don't think there is anything she has written that i haven't loved or at least liked a whole lot.  So I had this book on pre-order a good month before its release date and when it finally I arrived on my doorstep on Thursday, I had no choice but to drop everything and read.

I could not put this book down.  From the first page I was immediately drawn to both Lily and Ryle and eager to see how the story would play out.  When ever i put the book down, these characters would still linger in my mind so that I was always eager to come back to their story and as hints of what was to come began to surface, I really didn't want it to be true because I was so emotionally invested in these characters and the story.

I loved Lily.She was such a strong character with so much drive and direction and ambition and throughout the story that really shone through.  I immediately connected with her and become invested in her story and her life and could have continued to happily read her story had this book gone on longer.

What I especially love about all of Colleen's characters is that they are all so human and have so much depth and substance.  This makes their story so much more genuine and real and really makes the reader fall in love with her characters.  Lily, Ryle, Atlas, even Alyssa and Marshall all become so real to me as I read this book.  I felt what they felt and anguished along with them as I waited t see how it would all turn out.

But what Ms Hoover does best is write stories that creep onto your soul and stay with you, leaving you contemplating the story and the characters long after you have finished the book.  This book is no different and already I am considering going back in for a re-read.

I adored this book and I have no hesitation in giving it five stars

Sapphired Dragon xx


About The Book




It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover



Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true. Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place. As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment